Full time role – 2 x positions available
An exciting opportunity is available for an enthusiastic, dynamic, and motivated health trainer to work on our Alcohol pathway to support the integrated Lifestyle Service across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. This role will contribute to the development, provision, and coordination of all aspects of a Lifestyle service, health improvement and behaviour change programmes.
The health trainer (alcohol) will work closely with the specialist Substance Misuse Treatment service in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. Providing individual personal support to clients who are drinking at increased risk levels and require extended brief intervention, focusing on reducing alcohol consumption and improving key lifestyle behaviours and signposting to other relevant services.
You will increase the skills, knowledge and confidence of health professionals through the delivery of quality evidence-based alcohol early intervention training to internal colleagues and external partners.
We would like to hear from you if you:
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess a minimum of 1 year experience working with complex clients who are drinking alcohol at increasing risk levels
- Have delivered Alcohol Identification and Brief Advice (IBA) training previously
- Possess a minimum of 1 year experience working in a community-based health improvement service.
- Are experienced in using behaviour change models within a work context.
- Are flexible with good time management and planning skills
- Are interested in motivating and supporting both individuals and groups in community-based settings.
- Can raise public awareness and provision of consistent healthy lifestyle messaging, on issues relevant to the health of the community and in a multi-cultural setting.
- Have experience in building strong links and relationships with a diverse range of groups, organisations and agencies
Is this role for you?
If you are and would like to be part of an innovative and ambitious team, we would very much like to hear from you.
You should have an outstanding record, excellent communication skills, and a focus on detail and quality.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.Closing date: April 24, 2023 12:00 am