We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated community leader, to work within our Integrated Healthy Lifestyle Service, as an integral part of one of our community team, covering the Cambridgeshire locality. This role will be responsible for empowering the community to access our service through making and maintaining strong community links, through helping other agencies understand the role of the service and through community outreach and engagement activities. If you are an excellent communicator who is enthusiastic, motivated, and looking to make a difference to local communities, then this is the role for you.
The key functions of the role are:
Our Community Engagement and Network Leads work to build community capacity to implement our service goals through resident and cross community engagement that is participatory, inclusive, deliberative, and collaborative.
The post holder will:
- Work to participate in all community networks of relevance developing trusted partnerships
- Deliver Making Every Contact Count, raising awareness of the service and ensuring the service can reach the residents who might benefit from it.
- Engage with existing organisations across the public, private and charitable sectors to embed the service.
The successful candidate will:
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess a minimum of 1 year experience working in a community-based service
- Are experienced in using behaviour change models within a work context
- Are flexible with good time management and planning skills
- Are interested in motivating and supporting both individuals and groups in community-based settings
- Can raise public awareness and provision of consistent healthy lifestyle messaging, on issues relevant to the health of the community and in a multi-cultural setting
- Have experience in building strong links and relationships with a diverse range of groups, organisations and agencies
- Are able to talk confidently to diverse groups and individuals, maintaining key messages
- Have experience of community outreach and engagement.
- Experience of using social media platforms to promote services
Is this role for you?
If you are and would like to be part of an innovative and ambitious team, we would very much like to hear from you.
You should have an outstanding record, excellent communication skills, and a focus on detail and quality.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.Closing date: September 20, 2023 12:00 pm