The key functions of the role are:
To provide a key role as a specialist Falls Prevention Health Trainer within Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Healthy You Lifestyle service to contribute to a reduction in falls and fall-related injuries within Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. This post will:
- In line with NICE guidance and the local community level falls prevention pathway, be responsible and accountable for the delivery of high quality, evidence-based multifactorial falls risk assessments and interventions for adults 65+ at risk of falling or who report a fall
- Deliver group based strength and balance classes (Falls Management Exercise (FaME)) to contribute to a reduction in falls and falls-related injuries
- To play an active preventative role across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough by spreading the message of the importance of strength and balance exercises and other evidence-based falls prevention activities.
The successful candidate will:
- Be familiar with working with older individuals and knowledgeable of the benefits of a healthy lifestyle and managing fall risk factors: healthy eating, increasing physical activity levels, and balance and strength training.
- Creative and pro-active with strong planning, time management, empathy and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in delivering falls prevention activity in groups and through 1:1 exercise advice.
- Experienced in promoting and engaging individuals and groups, to sustain behavioural change through an empathetic approach, utilising Motivational Interviewing techniques and SMART goal setting.
- Flexible with a full UK licence and access to a car for work
- Have recognised qualifications relevant to the role e.g., RSPH, City & Guilds and YMCA / REPs endorsed strength, balance and Chair Based Exercise qualifications
- Experience in building strong links and relationships with a diverse range of groups, organisations and agencies
Are you motivated, proactive, and passionate about supporting people live healthier lives? Would you like to work as part of a dynamic, fast-paced, knowledgeable team, working closely with community organisations? Are you enthusiastic and are you able to motive others into changing their lives for the better? If so, we would like to have you on our team.
Is this role for you?
If you are and would like to be part of an innovative and ambitious team, we would very much like to hear from you.
You should have an outstanding record, excellent communication skills, and a focus on detail and quality.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.Closing date: October 6, 2023 12:00 pm