The key functions of the role are:
You will support the delivery of the focused Health Trainer service covering diabetes, alcohol, mental health, carers and the Eastern European Health Trainer service. Be responsible for line management and development of focused Health Trainers and deliver behaviour change interventions to residents wishing to make Healthy Lifestyle Changes across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
You will be experienced in delivering evidence-based behaviour change interventions and understand inequalities in the city and the impact these have on health outcomes. You will have proven management and leadership skills, and a strong record of engaging with communities who are most at risk of poorer health outcomes.
This is an exciting and diverse role which offers an excellent development opportunity for those wanting to pursue a career in public health.
The post holder will:
- Lead and line manage the focused Health Trainer service and be responsible for supervision and day to day management.
- Take accountability and responsibility for KPIs and ensure weekly/monthly updates are provided to the Operational Manager.
- To lead on engagement in these areas to ensure that services are embedded in the wider system approach.
- Actively involved in the promotion and advertisement of the focused Health Trainer services as well as all other services within the contract.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience in providing a supportive role in the planning, development and coordination of a public health lifestyle service.
- Have experience in project co-ordination and activity planning with multiple community and professional groups.
- Have experience in people management including groups, professional colleagues and local communities.
- Evidence of experience in embracing and implementing change to provide high quality health outcomes.
- Understanding the key drivers for health including behaviour change theory and practice and implementing public health interventions.
Is this role for you?
If you are and would like to be part of an innovative and ambitious team, we would very much like to hear from you.
You should have an outstanding record, excellent communication skills, and a focus on detail and quality.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.Closing date: December 7, 2023 3:00 pm