An exciting opportunity is available for an enthusiastic, dynamic, and motivated alcohol and behaviour change health trainer to support the integrated Lifestyle Service across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. This role will contribute to the development, provision and coordination of all aspects of a Lifestyle service, integrating weight management, health improvement and behaviour change programmes.
The alcohol health trainer will work closely with the specialist Substance Misuse Treatment service in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough by providing individual personal support for more complex clients who are drinking at increasing risk levels and require extended brief intervention, focusing on reducing alcohol consumption and improving key lifestyle behaviours and signposting to other relevant services. They will increase the skills, knowledge and confidence of health professionals through the delivery of quality evidence-based alcohol early intervention training to internal colleagues and external partners
The behaviour change Health Trainer will provide support to individuals to help them make sustainable changes to their health behaviours. This includes healthy eating, physical activity, and support to maintain a healthy weight. Working as a Behaviour Change Health Trainer in the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Integrated Lifestyle, you will
We would like to hear from you if you:
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Supporting individuals to create a health plan to help make changes to improve their health
- Possess a minimum of 1 year experience working with complex clients who are drinking alcohol at increasing risk levels
- Have delivered Alcohol Identification and Brief Advice (IBA) training previously
- Possess a minimum of 1 year experience working in a community-based health improvement service.
- Experienced in empowering individuals and groups to sustain behavioural change through an empathetic approach, utilising behaviour change/motivational interviewing techniques and SMART goal setting
- Are flexible with good time management and planning skills
- Are interested in motivating and supporting both individuals and groups in community-based settings.
- Can raise public awareness and provision of consistent healthy lifestyle messaging, on issues relevant to the health of the community and in a multi-cultural setting.
- Have experience in building strong links and relationships with a diverse range of groups, organisations and agencies
Is this role for you?
If you are and would like to be part of an innovative and ambitious team, we would very much like to hear from you.
You should have an outstanding record, excellent communication skills, and a focus on detail and quality.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.Closing date: February 15, 2024 5:00 pm