Full time or Part-time role available
The key functions of the role are:
The Health Trainer (Diabetes) will provide support to individuals newly diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, to help them make sustainable changes to their health behaviours. This includes healthy eating, physical activity, and support to maintain a healthy weight. Working as a Health Trainer in the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Integrated Lifestyle, you will:
- Help people identify how their behaviours may be affecting their health.
- Supporting individuals to create a health plan to help make changes to improve their health.
- Provide support for different dietary approaches, for example very low carbohydrate diets.
- Coordinate other service elements and specialities (e.g., stop smoking service, weight management service) into one cohesive service for the individual.
- Help individuals to become more knowledgeable about things that can affect their health and wellbeing
signposting to other agencies and professionals.
Ideally, you will have recognised Health Trainer qualifications and a special interest in diabetes but, most importantly, you’ll be a natural and passionate motivator, with excellent communication skills to engage with individuals on both a one to one and group basis, naturally building relationships within the local communities. Full training will be provided to the right candidate if needed.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working with and engaging individuals and groups of adults.
- Experience of actively engaging with local communities.
- Desirable – experience of health screening and delivering NHS health checks.
- Experience of using Microsoft programmes (Word and Excel).
- Experience of team working.
- Experience of managing a personal workload or caseload.
Essential: GCSE Maths and English to at least Grade C, or equivalent.
Desirable: Recognised Health Trainer qualifications e.g. City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate for Health Trainers, or equivalent, or Royal Society of Public Health Level 2 Understanding Health Improvement or equivalent. If this is not held, the post holder will be supported in achieving Everyone Health’s accredited behaviour change training during their first year in post.
Interview Date: Friday 5th May 2023
Is this role for you?
If you are and would like to be part of an innovative and ambitious team, we would very much like to hear from you.
You should have an outstanding record, excellent communication skills, and a focus on detail and quality.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.Closing date: April 24, 2023 12:00 am