Exciting entry level opportunities are available to join our Healthy Lifestyle and NHS Health Check Team. The role will have a special interest in delivering NHS Health Checks and supporting health promotion within the Healthy Communities Integrated Lifestyle Service in Staffordshire.
NHS Health Checks offer support for eligible adults through preventative screening which includes taking blood pressure, finger prick blood tests for cholesterol and blood glucose, discussing lifestyle habits (physical activity, smoking, alcohol, diet etc), and identifying the need for referral either into our own Tier 2 lifestyle and prevention services, community service signposting and/or for further clinical assessment. The service aims to identify and support those at risk of a range of vascular diseases such as heart disease, stroke, diabetes, dementia, and kidney disease.
The ideal candidate will be based at one of our Staffordshire bases nearest to their home address, however the candidate needs to be open to travel across Staffordshire to support the delivery of the Health Checks. Clinics run from 09:00 – 20:00 hours Monday – Saturday (no more than 8 hour days)
This position will require the successful applicant to be competent working alone as well as with others. You will be responsible for the front-line delivery of the service and supporting clients on a one-to-one basis. You will be responsible for maintaining and replenishing your own equipment and communicating across the team and with the Health Check Coordinator to ensure a quality service is delivered.
This can be a fast-paced role and will require a pro-active, versatile approach and can-do attitude to succeed. You must be able to manage your appointment time and be able to respond quickly to change. Additional duties may include admin support, one to one patient support calls and other events promotion.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have strong time management, empathy, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take responsibility for own quality delivery needs and provide proactive communication.
- Have experience of, or a strong interest in delivering NHS Health Checks or public health service delivery.
- Display an awareness of key health messages around the benefits of a healthy lifestyle and managing key risk factors: smoking cessation, diet, physical activity, social isolation, weight management and alcohol consumption.
- A competent individual who enjoys working at community events both indoor and outdoor.
- Ideally possess a minimum of 1 year experience working in community-based services or public health.
- Training will be provided however a nutrition or other health degree (or equivalent) is advantageous.
- Applicants with other health qualifications or degrees may be considered for split service roles.
Is this role for you?
If you are and would like to be part of an innovative and ambitious team, we would very much like to hear from you.
You should have an outstanding record, excellent communication skills, and a focus on detail and quality.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.Closing date: July 24, 2023 12:00 pm