Full time role – 2 x positions available
An exciting opportunity is available for an enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated Health Trainer with a special interest in Mental Health to support the integrated Lifestyle Service across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. Health Trainers form an integral element of our whole systems approach to health improvement by providing support and practical information to individuals to assist them in making healthier lifestyle choices.
The key functions of the role are:
To work with service users with an identified mental health condition to support them to make healthy lifestyle choices in relation to healthy eating, increasing physical activity, reducing alcohol intake, and quitting smoking.
To increase mental health awareness by delivering Mental Health First Aid training to colleagues and groups within the local community.
To work closely with the Primary Care Mental Health Services (PCMHS) in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough to promote the service referral criteria to ensure appropriate referrals and to signposting to other relevant services.
This post will:
- Improve the access of service users with mental health conditions to lifestyle support and advice.
- Increase Health Trainer awareness and understanding of mental health; specifically, SMI to enable them to identify mental health issues and advise appropriately.
- Increase capacity locally in terms of Mental Health First Aid delivery.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of mental health issues.
- Have experience and knowledge of benefits of a healthy lifestyle and managing key risk factors: healthy eating and increasing physical activity levels, smoking cessation and reducing alcohol consumption.
- Experienced in delivering / advising on community based healthy eating and physical activity opportunities.
- Experienced in empowering individuals and groups, to sustain behavioural change through an empathetic approach, utilising Behaviour Change/Motivational Interviewing techniques and SMART goal setting.
- Desirable: Recognised Health Trainer qualifications e.g., City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate for Health Trainers or equivalent, Level 3 in Mental Health or equivalent
Is this role for you?
If you are and would like to be part of an innovative and ambitious team, we would very much like to hear from you.
You should have an outstanding record, excellent communication skills, and a focus on detail and quality.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.Closing date: April 26, 2023 12:00 am