Exciting opportunities are available for an experienced, enthusiastic, dynamic and motivated Nutritionist with a passion and specialist interest in weight management. This community-based, multi component service offers a personalised care package for adults and children, including families, with a focus on those overweight or obese, including those that are due to under-go weight loss surgery and those that are at high risk of obesity, providing psychological support, increasing physical activity and advice on maintaining a balanced and healthy diet.
Playing a pivotal role within this multi-component, integrated service, you will be responsible for providing high quality patient-centred, timely and cost-effective care within the Tier 2 service, working within a multi-disciplinary specialist weight management team. Providing expert dietetic advice, underpinned by a sound knowledge of theoretical principles of behaviour change, you will support children, young people and adults across Southwark to make informed decisions in relation to their weight, contributing towards a healthier lifestyle.
We would like to hear from you if you:
- Are experienced in delivering high standard nutritional care within a community-based, weight management service.
- Have experience in delivering one to one and group interventions, for adults and children who are obese, with potential co-morbidities.
- Possess a minimum of 2 years experience of nutritional treatment working with adults and children within community and Tier 2 weight management programmes across a range of service settings, including community, primary care and in patient settings
- Have strong knowledge of psychological and behaviour change theoretical techniques in relation to supporting people to make positive lifestyle changes
- Have sound knowledge and understanding of NICE guidance relating to the treatment of obesity, Clinical Governance, Patient Confidentiality and the Data Protection Acts.
- Have a relevant degree/postgraduate degree in Nutrition and AfN registration.
Is this role for you?
If you are and would like to be part of an innovative and ambitious team, we would very much like to hear from you.
You should have an outstanding record, excellent communication skills, a focus on detail and quality.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.Closing date: June 5, 2023 12:00 am