The stop smoking practitioner is responsible for supporting and facilitating the delivery of smoking cessation programmes within the Healthy Communities integrated lifestyle service for over 18’s in Staffordshire, and Healthy Workplace Schemes.
We have opportunities for new practitioners across Staffordshire, Clinics run from Monday – Saturday 09.00 – 20:00 hours
Full and Part time roles available
You will receive your own cohort of patients and Face to Face / Virtual clinics to support and maintain and will help to improve the accessibility of Staffordshire’s Stop Smoking Service through the pro-active promotion of the smoking cessation programme and referral pathways key health care providers, allied professionals, community events, local agencies, and the general public.
This can be a challenging but extremely rewarding role for the right candidate. You will be part of both the smoking cessation team as well as the wider service team. You will also receive additional in-house training including data security, first aid and safeguarding.
If you are enthusiastic, motivated, and looking to make a big difference, then this is the role for you!
The Ideal Candidate: would preferably have completed and be registered with the NCSCT as a Stop Smoking Practitioner already and have experience of working in this role.
We would like to hear from you if you:
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess a minimum of 1 year experience working in a community-based smoking cessation service.
- Are experienced in using behaviour change models within a work context.
- Can demonstrate a clear understanding of the range and appropriate use of different smoking cessation interventions.
- Display strong knowledge of the harmful effects of smoking, smoking as an addiction behaviour, withdrawal, and relapse.
- Are flexible with good time management and planning skills.
- Are interested in motivating and supporting both individuals in virtual and community-based settings.
- Can raise public awareness and provision of consistent healthy lifestyle messaging, on issues relevant to the health of the community and in a multi-cultural setting.
- Have experience in building strong links and relationships with a diverse range of groups, Organisations, and agencies.
TBC Please note: Interviews will be held in person
Is this role for you?
If you are and would like to be part of an innovative and ambitious team, we would very much like to hear from you.
You should have an outstanding record, excellent communication skills, and a focus on detail and quality.
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.Closing date: June 30, 2023 12:00 pm