The stop smoking practitioner is responsible for supporting and facilitating the delivery of smoking cessation programmes within the Healthy Communities integrated lifestyle service for over 18’s in Warwickshire, and Healthy Workplace Schemes.
We have opportunities for new practitioners across Warwickshire, Clinics run from Monday – Saturday 09.00 – 20:00 hours
You will receive your own cohort of patients and Face to Face / Virtual clinics to support and maintain and will help to improve the accessibility of Warwickshire’s Stop Smoking Service through the pro-active promotion of the smoking cessation programme and referral pathways key health care providers, allied professionals, community events, local agencies, and the general public.
This can be a challenging but extremely rewarding role for the right candidate. You will be part of both the smoking cessation team as well as the wider service team. You will also receive additional in-house training including data security, first aid and safeguarding.If you are enthusiastic, motivated, and looking to make a big difference, then this is the role for you!
We would like to hear from you if you:
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess a minimum of 1 year experience working in a community-based smoking cessation service or Healthcare Setting.
- Are experienced in using behaviour change models within a work context.
- Can demonstrate a clear understanding of the range and appropriate use of different smoking cessation interventions.
- Display strong knowledge of the harmful effects of smoking, smoking as an addiction behaviour, withdrawal, and relapse.
- Are flexible with good time management and planning skills.
- Are interested in motivating and supporting both individuals in virtual and community-based settings.
- Can raise public awareness and provision of consistent healthy lifestyle messaging, on issues relevant to the health of the community and in a multi-cultural setting.
- Have experience in building strong links and relationships with a diverse range of groups, Organisations, and agencies.