12 – 18 June is Men’s Health Week. This year the theme is Men and the Internet and whilst no one would argue about the benefits the internet has brought it also has a darker, more additive side.
So this week, why no step away from your phone, tablet or laptop and try the CAN DO Challenge.
The five challenges are:
- Connect – connect with other people. Call an old friend or family member and say hello. Ditch the messages sent via social media and actually have a real conversation person to person.
- Active – move more. Get up off the sofa and go for a walk, run, swim, or if you’re feeling brave why not put on a favourite tune and dance like no one’s watching.
- Notice – stop, turn off you phone and look around you, really look. What do you see? What has changed since you last looked?
- Discover – try something new, why not cook a new recipe, read a book or visit a new place?
- Offer – do something for someone else. Helping someone will help you reconnect and make you feel great about yourself.